Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”).
Whenever a new user sets up an Acorn account or purchases a Test Kit, our website collects information that is known as “Personally Identifiable Information”, which is the information that will be used for identification purposes. As part of this, we may collect information including your name, phone number, email address, mailing address, billing information, etc. We use this information for a variety of purposes, including:
- Providing Service. For example, this data may be used to set up your color account, collect payments and send you the requested Test Kit.
- Communication. Your data may also be used in order to verify your identity and communicate about our services, for example to respond to customer concerns, follow up if there is any issue with the service we have provided, or provide extra information as necessary.
- Improving Our Services. For example, we may use your information to request customer feedback in order to better understand how to improve our services for every user.
- Marketing Purposes. For example, we may use your information in order to send you information on new or updated products or special offers that we believe will interest you.
Please note that this information may be shared with third parties, for purposes including:
- Providing Service. Your data may be used to bill and collect payment from you. This may be achieved by sharing certain data with trusted third parties in order to assist with billing and payment collection.
- Research and Development. We may also work with third party service providers to assist with payment processing and analytics; website hosting and maintenance data; support ticketing; distribution of Test Kits; and other various services. We will limit the personal information that is provided to these third parties to a minimum in order to maintain the most secure service possible.
- User Information. Users’ information may be transferred to an acquirer, successor or assignee as part of any mergers, acquisitions, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- For security/legal purposes. We may disclose your information if doing so is necessary to the enforcement of our Terms of Service, or otherwise in order to address potential harm to us, our users, or others to the extent required or permitted by U.S. law. We may also disclose your data to comply with federal and state laws, rules, and regulations, as well as in compliance with requests from law enforcement or other legal processes, in events such as our reception of court orders or subpoenas. If possible, we will attempt to notify the subject or subjects of the legal request, so they may oppose the disclosure if they so wish.
In order to protect your information, we encrypt your data both while it is in transit and while it is at rest at our servers. Despite our safeguards to protect you information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store in connection with the Service, and you therefore do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our website’s safeguards. By utilizing our website and services, you acknowledge that Acorn Genetics is not responsible for the unauthorized release of your information, unless it is due to the gross negligence or willful misconduct of our staff. If you choose to share any data supplied to or obtained from our website to anyone outside of Acorn Genetics, you do so at your own risk, and recognize that we have no control over this sharing of information.
Other Important Information:
- Children’s Privacy. We ask that persons under the age of 18 do not create an account on our website. We also ask that they do not attempt to utilise any of our services without parental supervision.
- International Users.